NIPUN Bharat Mission 2022: NIPHU Bharat is a pan-India mission on Foundation Literacy and Numeracy (FLN) launched by the central government of India under the Ministry of Education (MoE) which requires holistic coordination of states and union territories to attain favorable outcomes.
This mission emphasizes fundamental learnings such as reading, writing, and arithmetic in students of elementary classes up to grade3.
As per the National Education Policy (NPA) 2020 “the highest priority of the education system will be to achieve universal foundational literacy and numeracy in primary school by 2026-27.
This mission is implemented by the Department of School Education and Literacy under the Ministry of Education (MoE) and with the help of the Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology, Communication and Education with a five-tier Implementation mechanism at the National-state-district-block -school level in all states and UT.
Overview : NIPUN Bharat Mission 2022
|Scheme Name||NIPUN Bharat Mission|
|Launched By||Central Government Of India|
|Part Of||National Education Policy (NPA) 2020|
|Ministry||Ministry of Education (MoE)|
|Official Portal||nipunbharat.education.gov.in or Visit Here|
What is Foundation Literacy and Numeracy (FLN)?
The early years (0 to 8 years) are the most significant period of growth and development in a child’s life because this is when the foundations are laid for holistic development and all learning. Children who participate in quality early childhood education programmes demonstrate considerable gains in social, educational, and intellectual spheres, distinctively different from those who do not participate in ECCE programmes. Strong foundations in the early years have a lasting impact on children’s development and are considered to be critical inputs in improving the enrolment and participation of children in formal schooling. Research shows that good quality early learning/early childhood education programmes help to reduce the chances of dropout and repetition and improves outcomes at all levels of education.
As a part of the implementation of NEP -2020 Ministry of Education, Govt. of India has launched NIPUN Bharat Mission for FLN. The aim of FLN is to ensure that children learn in a joyful manner through play, stories, rhymes, activities, local art, craft, and music and develop strong foundations for lifelong learning. The mission outlines learning outcomes that have been designed in a spiral and progressive manner from Preschool to grade three aiming at holistic development and learning
What are FLN skills?
Foundational Language and Literacy:
Oral language development in home language; appropriate exposure to the school language including good listening comprehension skills, development of print and phonological awareness and development of emergent reading and writing skills in the pre-school years are crucial for language and literacy development in early primary school years. The pre-existing knowledge of language helps in building literacy skills in languages. Children who have a strong foundation in their home language can learn English/second language more easily.
The key components in Foundational Language and Literacy are:
• Oral Language Development: The experiences in oral language are important for developing skills of reading and writing.
• Phonological Awareness: This domain includes the competencies of word awareness, rhyme awareness, and awareness of sounds within words which should emerge from their meaningful engagement with language.
• Decoding: This domain includes competencies of print awareness, akshara knowledge and decoding, and word recognition
• Vocabulary: This domain includes the competencies of oral vocabulary, reading/writing vocabulary, and morphological analysis of words.
• Reading Comprehension: This domain covers the competencies of understanding texts and retrieving information from them, as well as interpreting texts.
• Reading Fluency: Refers to the ability to read a text with accuracy, speed (automaticity), expression (prosody), and comprehension that allows children to make meaning from the text
• Concept about Print: Children need exposure to different types of print rich environment to develop the skill of comprehension.
• Writing: This domain includes the competencies of writing akshar as and words as well as writing for expression.
• Culture of Reading/Inclination towards Reading: Involves the motivation to engage with a wide variety of books and other reading materials.
Foundational Numeracy and Mathematics Skills
Foundational Numeracy means the ability to reason and to apply simple numerical concepts in daily life problem solving. The development of pre-number and number concepts, knowledge and skills of comparing, seriation, classification and recognizing patterns during pre-school serves as a foundation for mathematics learning in early primary classes. The major aspects and components of early mathematics are:
• Pre-Number Concepts: Count and understand the numeration system
• Numbers and operations on numbers: Learn conventions needed for mastery of Mathematical techniques such as the use of a base ten system to represent numbers
• Measurement: Understand and use standard algorithms to perform operations of addition, subtraction, multiplication and division on numbers up to three digits
• Shapes and Spatial Understanding: Perform simple computations in her/his own way up to three-digit numbers and apply these to their day to life activities in different contexts
• Patterns: Learn vocabulary of relational words to extend his/her understanding of space and spatial objects
Student Covered under NIPUN Bharat Mission
The Mission will be set up under the aegis of the centrally sponsored scheme of Samagra Shiksha which is an integrated scheme of school education covering from Pre-School to Senior Secondary level. It will focus on children in the age group of 3 to 9 years including pre-school to Grade 3. The children who are in Class 4 and 5 and have not attained the foundational skills will be provided individual teacher guidance and support, peer support, and age-appropriate and supplementary graded learning materials to acquire the necessary competencies. The goals and objectives of the mission are required to be achieved by all Govt., Govt. Aided and Private Schools so that universal acquisition of Foundation Literacy and Numeracy (FLN) skills can be achieved by 2026-27.
Login Process at the Official NIPUN Bharat Portal
If you want to login at the official NIPUN Bharat Portal then follow the below steps-
- First, you have to visit the official Portal.
- On the main navigation of home page click on the login option.
- By doing so, you will be redirected to login page.
- After that, you have to provide valid “Login Id” and “Password.”
- Next, verify the captcha code.
- once done, click on the login button.
- By doing so, you can login into NIPUN Bharat Official Portal.
NIPHU Bharat is a pan-India mission on Foundation Literacy and Numeracy (FLN) launched by the central government of India under the Ministry of Education (MoE) which requires holistic coordination of states and union territories to attain favorable outcomes.
NIPUN Stands for National Initiative for Proficiency in Reading with Understanding and Numeracy.