PM Awas Yojana (PMAY) 2022: Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana was launched on the 25th of June 2015 by the Government of India under the leadership of hon’ble prime minister Narendra Modi.
This pan-India mission aims to provide affordable houses to poor workers of urban that are connected to the formal or informal economy of the urban areas, the PMAY mission is implemented by The Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA).
PMAY mission Objective
- PMAY scheme aims to provide a pucca house to the dwellers of the urban including
- EWS (Economical Weaker Section).
- LIG (Lower Income Group).
- MIG (Middle Income Group).
- PMAY also aims to empower women by providing the ownership of houses in name of female member or in joint name.
- Affordable rental home for migrants, slum dwellers and industrial workers in urban area.
by the year 2022, when the Nation completes 75 years of its Independence.
Key Highlights Of PMAY Scheme
|Scheme Name||PM Awas Yojana List 2022|
|Launched By||Central Government of India|
|Beneficiary||Citizen of India|
|Objective||To Provide Pucca House to Each beneficiary|
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Benefits
Under PMAY the Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation (MoHUPA) launched a scheme known as Credit Linked Subsidy SCHEME (CLSS). CLSS is an interest subsidy scheme that provides an amount of up to 2.36 lakhs on home loans for construction, extension, and improvement of the house to the LIG/MIG/EWS class of India.
PMAY mission aids the poor class, middle class, and economically weaker section to make their dream home.
It provides all weather rental room for urban migrants, slum dwellers at affordable prices with water, electricity, and with proper safty.
Under PMAY mission
- 1.22 lakh houses sanctioned ,102.32 lakhs house grounded, 61.52 lakhs house completed.
- 2.03 lakh crore rupees central assisted, 1.2 lakh crore rupees central assistance released.
Schemes under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
PMAY mission consists of two main schemes.
- Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme (CLSS).
- Affordable Rental Housing Complexes (ARHCs) for Urban Migrants/ Poor.
What is Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme (CLSS) under PMAY-U
CLSS/ Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme is a sub scheme under PMAY. It is an interest subsidy scheme that provides a subsidy benefit of amount up to 2.36 lakhs on home loans, it makes the home loan affordable with minimum interest rates for the poor, middle class, economical weaker section. It is the initial scheme under PMAY.
Subsidies provide under Credit linked Subsidy Scheme (CLSS) under PMAY-U
|Beneficiaries Category||Annual House Hold Income||Dwelling Carpet Area||PMAY scheme interest rate||Overall Savings||PMAY scheme loan limit||Loan tenure max.|
|EWS||Up to 3 lakhs||30 sq. mt||6.5%; up to Rs 2.67||More than 6 lakhs||Rs. 6 lakhs||20 years|
|LIM||3-6 lakhs||60 sq. mt||6.5%; up to Rs 2.67||More than 6 lakhs||Rs. 6 lakhs||20 years|
|MIG-I||6-12 lakhs||Up to 160 sq. mt||4%; up to Rs 2.30||More than 5.4 lakhs||Rs. 9 lakhs||20 years|
|MIG-II||12-18 lakhs||Up to 200 sq. mt||3%; up to Rs 2.30||More than 5.3 lakhs||Rs. 12 lakhs||20 years|
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana scheme eligibility / CLSS eligibility
- Property eligibility
- To get subsidy, the property you are buying or constructing is a single unit or a unit in multi-story building.
- Basic facilities and infrastructure like water, electricity, sewerage, road etc. must be maintained in the construction or property.
- Property location eligibility
- Planning area as notified with respect to statutory town, property must be in a statutory town as per census 2011,towns notified after census 2011.
- Check if your property town qualifies or not
- Click on the link below to check
- Other eligibility
- Previously no acquisition of pucca house in the name of any member of the family in India.
- Women’s ownership or co-ownership is mandatory only in new construction / purchase for EWS/LIG (not mandatory for MIG-I/MIG-II).
- In addition, buying or construction of house Must not have any other Centre or State assistance.
PMAY subsidy calculator
If you want to calculate your subsidy according to your annual income, loan amount and tenure of loan. Follow the steps given below
- Go to the official website pmaymis.gov.in.
- Click at subsidy calculator on the home screen.
- Adjust the annual salary, loan, tenure according to you and calculate the subsidy you are eligible for.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana beneficiary list 2021-22
If you have applied for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana earlier and you want to check whether you are in PMAY(U) beneficiary list or not follow the steps given bellow.
- Go to the official website pmaymis.gov.in
- Click at search Beneficiary link on screen.
- From drop down menu click ‘Beneficiary wise fund release’.
- Enter mobile number and click ‘send OTP’.
- If you are in beneficiary list you will get OTP otherwise a pop message will show on your screen ‘There is no fund release details available for this beneficiary’.
- If you also want to check with your Aadhar
- Click on ‘search’ a drop down will show click on “search Beneficiary”
- Enter your Aadhar number and click “show”.
- Your data will show on screen if you are included in the beneficiary list.
How to check your PMAY -U subsidy status/ CLSS tracker
If you want to check your PMAY -U Subsidy status/ CLSS tracker then follow the below process-
- Go to the official website pmayuclap.gov.in.
- You will get CLSS Awas Portal (CLAP) now click “CLSS tracker” option.
- Enter your ‘Application ID’ and click “Get Status”
- You will see your Subsidy status.