Ration Card Bihar: Here in this article, we cover all the details related to applying for a new Ration Card in Bihar state like the documents required for applying, the complete process of Registration and Login of the user, and what mistakes to avoid during filling Application Form.
The Food & Consumer Protection Department of the Bihar government provides subsidized food grains (ration) to residents of the state under the National Food Security Act. Providing subsidized food is known as Public Distribution System. For PDS, Food Department first takes applications from the resident of the state and then verify them. And then provide a Ration Card to the eligible Family. Different Ration cards like APL, BPL, etc are issued by the Food Department for different families according to their eligibility.
So different food grains in different subsidized rates are provided to these categories in different amounts. A Ration card holder gets subsidized food grains from the nearby fair price shops (Ration shops). Ration Card holders get wheat, rice, sugar, pulses, and kerosene oil through these fair-price shops.
SEE Also: Ration Card Status Bihar
|Name of portal||Food & Consumer Protection Department|
|Service||Online Issuing of Ration Card|
|Launched by||Bihar Government|
|Beneficiary||Permanent Residents of Bihar State|
|Official Website||epds.bihar.gov.in Visit Here|
|Direct Link for Registration||Click Here|
|Direct Link for Login||Click Here|
Important Required Document for Bihar Ration Card
For applying for a new Ration Card applicant must have these documents given below
- Scanned Copy of Aadhar Card (self-attested).
- Scanned Copy of the First page of the Bank Account Passbook which reflects Name, Account Number, and IFSC code of Bank Branch(self Attested).
- Scanned Copy of Residential Certificate (Self Attested).
- Scanned Copy of Family group photo (formate jpeg/jpg). (Max Size 100kb)
- Scanned Copy of Applicant Signature (formate jpeg/jpg). (Max Size 100kb)
- Scanned Copy of Disability Certificate (self Attested) if have any.
- Scanned Copy of Income Certificate (self Attested). (Max Size 1MB).
- Scanned Copy of Cast Certificate (self Attested). (Max Size 1MB).
Note: All Documents like Bank PassBook first page, each member Aadhaar, and Residential Proof self-attested photocopy merged in a single document (Max Size 1MB). And Income and Cast Certificate (if Applicable) are uploaded separately.
Six Steps for Applying online for Bihar’s Ration Card
for applying ration card applicants should follow these simple steps
- First: Online Registration of the Applicant on the official website of the Food & Consumer Protection Department of the Bihar government epds.bihar.gov.in
- Second: Login of the Applicant, after Registration, on the official website of the Food & Consumer Protection Department of the Bihar government epds.bihar.gov.in
- Third: Add applicant Details like personal details, address details, Income details, etc.
- Fourth: Add Members’ Details of the whole family
- Fifth: Upload Documents (all document self Attested)
- Sixth: Final Submit
Apply online for Bihar’s Ration Card
Online Registration process for Ration Card
If you are a Fresh applicant and want to apply for Bihar Ration Card then you must need to do an online Regsitration first for this follow the simple steps
- Go to the official website of the Food & Consumer Protection Department of the Bihar government epds.bihar.gov.in
- Next, you will get the home page of the Food & Consumer Protection Department then in the Important Link Menu click on the “Apply for Online RC” link.
- After that, you will get a new page for Login but you need to click on the ” To Register Click Here”.
- Next, you will get a new page with the Registration Form, enter the required details like Name in English and Hindi both, mobile number, and captcha then click on “Get OTP“
- Next, you will get a new page and an OTP on your given mobile number, then enter the OTP and captcha on the screen and click on the “Validate OTP” button.
- After validating your OTP, a new screen will appear on the portal where you will enter your Aadhaar Number, select your district, and pin code, set your login password, confirm your password, and captcha then click on “Register“.
- After clicking the register button, you will get a login Id on your Screen. Through which you can log in to the portal and fill out the application. you will also get your login Id on your given registered mobile number as well. Then click “ok” and then the “Back to Login” button.
Login For Applying Ration Card
- On the next page, you will get a login page then enter your Login Id, and Password, fill in the captcha code, and then click on the “Login” button.
- After that, you will get a user Dashboard, where you get Important instructions read them carefully then click on the “Apply” link given at the top of the dashboard.
- Next, click “New Apply” then choose whether you live in a Rural or Urban area and click on it.
- After selecting the area from the menu, the applicant information form will open. Where you will fill in your details as per the application required like address details, personal details, certificate number, income details, and bank details, and then click the “Submit” button.
- Next, you will get a success message click “ok” and then you will get a new page to ADD Members’ details of your family one by one as you filled yours and then click “Add Member”. You will get a success message for adding members of your family.
- After adding all your members click on the “Go for Upload Document” button.
- On the next page, you will get options to upload your documents one by one like family photo upload, signature photo upload, and document upload (merged self-attested pdf copy of applicant signature photo, bank front page, residential proof, each member Aadhaar). Income certificate and caste certificate (if applicable) after all files click the “Upload” button.
Note: All documents must have been self-attested by the applicant and members, and also checked the checkbox which documents you are giving from your side.
- When the documents will be uploaded successfully, after that on the right side of the upload button “Go for Final Submission” link will appear, through which you can proceed to final submission.
- Finally, you will get your Application preview as shown above and you need to check the Information on the screen carefully. After that check the declaration and then click the “Final Submit” button. And then your Application for a new Ration Card will be submitted successfully.